Monday, May 26, 2008

Trip to LA 2



I guess I should start numbering the entries covering my jaunts to Los Angeles. If you noticed, last week I was in Los Angeles again, the primary reason being for more training on StyleFile; the new software apparel management program being soft launched by Patternworks. I'm working on some documentation for the program but it is ready to go. You can request a demo if you like. Before I get into today's entry, I wanted to mention that tomorrow I'll be posting a tutorial on a zip welt pocket. Strangely, I thought I had. Or rather, it turns out I'd posted my definition of how a zipped welt pocket should be made. One visitor brought to my attention that they meant a pocket like the sample below, with teeth showing.





I don't like these personally but yes, I have to concede these are a nice touch in sportswear. Since my background is in higher end leather goods, these sorts of zippers are frowned upon as being too casual. Oh well, live and learn. I hate to discover my own prejudices but am happy to make amends once unearthed.



No comments: