Friday, July 11, 2008

Child Bride



I generally am quite oblivious to all the resort/pre-fall collections because I'm an old fuddy duddy who can't get with the times of having four seasons a year or in fact just one long continuous season. Save for the Miu Miu royal purple pleated goodness, nothing really made my jaw drop which I guess isn't the point of a resort collection. However, I do find it interesting that smaller labels are getting into the four-season game and it pleases me so as it shows that they're making it work on a financial scale. Tata Naka, a Georgian London-based label designed by the lovely twins Tamara and Natasha Surguladze have done a resort 2009 collection that seems to be themed around a cool child bride. We've had a few Style Bubble scuffles about kids modelling high fashion but I find these lookbook images adorable as the young teen here wears the clothes so well, yet at the same time I'm not feeling too alienated as a 24 year old. It consists of lots of lovely light grey, draping and some interesting contrast of shiny materials and I also spy some lace-up criss-cross shoes. If they match my desire for the Tata Naka shoes that I stalked for a long time on Shop Fatal, then I'm hoping they get picked up somewhere or else I'll have to ask either Tata or Naka to help me out...



Tatanakares09_2



No comments: