Saturday, July 5, 2008

Plaid Jumper From TopShop



Blueplaiddress_2



Plaid, plaid, plaid. I love plaid. Through out my trip in Europe I have picked up no less than four items covered in plaid.



In Belfast I wandered into thrift shops and cheap trendy stores and found a plaid dress with a voluminous skirt, a thick plaid fitted button-down and a plaid vintage corset soon to be worn with jeans. I also purchased an overpriced plaid romper from TopShop in London.



To veer away from plaid for the moment, I was not impressed with TopShop. Quality is lacking in 80% of the merchandised but priced retarded high. $300 for a thin hounds tooth coat with buttons hanging off it? I think not.



Plaidtopshopjumper_2



Also, the Kate Moss section of the shop had very little to offer and the price point averaged 130 pounds ($260). Obscene I tell you. Mostly because it is supposed to be an inexpensive store. The only thing I saw there that was cheap were the seams.



On a positive note, there were a few cute pieces for sure and some of the leather jackets were quite lovely.



Back to plaid, I love it! The only warning I would say is no short girly plaid skirts: too outdated. If you want a plaid skirt, veer towards a high-waist pencil skirt. Chic!




No comments: