Thursday, June 19, 2008

All of the above?





I'm starting to think some labels could do with releasing video trailers before their collection is fully revealed as a way of enticing customers. Take All of the Above, a four-person collective based in Melbourne, Australia who operate a retail, gallery and studio space. For their SS08 collection (that's the collection that would go in place of our AW08-9 Northern Hemisphere collection...) of their in-house label Above, they have done a cute ickle video snippet. I see zips. I see zips that aren't just placed haphazardly and actually have a function to them. I see garments transforming into different things.



Oh, and I also see from their current AW08 collection that the prices are not at all exorbitant. In fact, in a flash, I bought this sheer mesh t-shirt for AUD65 for useful layering purposes.



Aaast




I was also tempted by the matching sheer dress too but seeing as I have something similar, I'll limit my sheer intake for now...



Aaasd




So, when the SS08 collection hits the store at the end of August, I'll be there, waiting for some multiple zip action...



No comments: