Thursday, June 26, 2008

And the Fall styles just keep rolling in...



Can't these people let me enjoy the bathing suit I bought in January?
Notice of more new Fall bags keep landing in my inbox, just when I ought to be searching for bargains and sales, I'm thinking about new bags at full price...insane, isn't it?
Botkier seems to be done with ruffle, and moving on to fringe.
Fringe is one of those accents that depends as much on the mood of the shopper as the style of the bag. Sometimes, I love it, nothing like long strands of leather to keep you from playing with your own split ends, and other times I look at the same bag and think "overpriced dust mop".

The Botkier Morgan Satchel in an outrageous shade of purple (total love it or hate it color...i happen to love it) gives a ladylike bag the motorcycle treatment with a pair of chrome zippers flanked by fringe which is too short to be moppish, and about as subtle as fringe can get. It's got the appeal of a trigger, Botkier's first breakout bag, and still, my favorite.
This is a really fun party of a handbag, and edgy even in basic black. At $775, it's not inexpensive for a fashion color like purple, but definitely agreeable for less trendy colors.

And Morgan doesn't stop at satchels.

There is a Morgan Hobo as well, which starts out with a more casual bag, and adds fringe around the edges. A bit less rock and roll, and a bit more bland this may be a great bag for someone not ready to commit to fringe, but who must have the latest celebrity handbag looks. In the picture, it has an unshaven appearance, sort of a George Clooney stubble...sexy on a man, not so much on a handbag.
Stubble aside, the bag has perfect construction. it slouches enough to look casual, but not crumpled. The fold over zip top is shorter than the bag so it doesn't curl and wrinkle. It also has a smiley appearance (I know I can't be the only one who anthropomorphisises bags).
I can't commit to it, but I do think it has a modernized retro feel to it which is nice, but the jury is out. At $675, it's priced well for Botkier, and a value for an every day bag.
Both bags featured can be ordered now from Singer 22 .

No comments: